Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. We are looking for a Mobile Shader Writer to help us develop the visuals of upcoming project.
- Develop custom shaders and rendering techniques for bespoke real-time content, continuously assessing visual quality.
- Work alongside artists and engineers to deliver the next generation of tools to advance future productions
- Be able to articulate technically complex concepts concisely for non-technical collaborators and clients.
- Profile and optimize frame render times.
- Be forward thinking to keep up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- Experience with graphics API like DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan/Metal.
- Experience with Unity and Unreal Engine. Experience with other game engines is a plus.
- Fluency in C++ and/or C#.
- Experience with both desktop and mobile GPU rendering.
- Familiarity with known physically-based shading models.
- Able to approach complex problems and convert them into simple and elegant solutions.
- Very strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Able to self-direct and comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate under tight deadlines.
- Strong time management & organization skills.
This is a contract, not full-time position.