Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. We need a director of operations to oversee the operations department, develop and implement strategic plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness within our business.
- Work with the Penrose team to define, launch, and drive strategic initiatives.
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations.
- Oversees cross-functional teams to get work done.
- Be the source for market intelligence in the virtual reality space.
- Drive recommendations through to implementation and results.
- Prioritize objectives/deliverables to align with business goals and coordinate activities across departmental resources.
- Assess and analyze the content workflow and provide and implement recommended changes to ensure accurate on-time delivery.
- Work with cross functional teams responsible for the delivery of assets to Tech Ops clients and recommend changes to improve delivery process which reduces level of effort of all teams involved.
- Passion for virtual reality and changing the world.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in business, finance, management, or economics.
- 7+ years of experience in sales operations/finance within consumer electronics or technology.
- Proven ability to build, scale, and lead a program management function/capability, including implementation of a system or tool to facilitate management of multiple projects of varied sizes (such as Asana [preferred], Trello, Jira, etc..); enhance execution and completion of projects; provide advice on project management to PM team members, project owners, and project participants.
- Understanding of project management, finance, accounting, logistics, and general management.
- Ability to respond under pressure while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to juggle a heavy project load, prioritizing departmental needs to ensure the timely completion of initiatives.
- Strong negotiation, planning, organization, communication, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Effective at building strong relationships with people across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with payroll management.
- Experience with expense management.
- Strong understanding of off-premise event logistics and requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- An “always-on” attitude— knows “the start-up life” well.