Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. As a Dev Ops Engineer at Penrose, you will support the design and definition of our internal Engineering team.
- Assist in definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design
- Build scalable solutions that anticipate growth and performance needs
- Assist in building internal applications and tools to improve efficiency, automation, and system monitoring for our continuous delivery pipeline
- Perform various development activities for Dev Ops practices, including continuous integration, delivery, testing, and monitoring.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve production environments.
- Develop tools and systems, including APIs, Web portals, databases, and virtual servers hosted on a Cloud environment that will help deliver high quality software quickly.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, QA, and production environments.
- Automate deployments and develop scripts to manage the configuration of platforms.
- Perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations and assist with setup and maintenance of test environments for manual and automated testing.
- Provide leadership, technical support, user support, technical orientation, and technical education activities to project teams and staff.
- 4+ years of experience with general system delivery
- Strong experience in DevOps or related field
- Experience deploying to and managing AWS
- Experience with service and application provisioning, deployment and orchestration
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete or abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong software and cloud computing security skills
- Experience with Agile methodology and software development
- Experience with provisioning, orchestration and performance monitoring tools (Terraform, Salt, NewRelic, Datadog, Sensu, AWS Cloudwatch)
- Avid interest in the possibilities of Augmented, Virtual Reality and Mobile platforms.