Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. Penrose is looking for riggers/character technical directors to artfully mold 3D models into movable and appealing characters in the new mediums of Virtual and Augmented Reality.
- Design, create, test and maintain character rigs/setups.
- Work with the modelers to create a model that meets technical needs.
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls.
- Develop and maintain character motion and deformation systems.
- Capable of writing pipeline tools to streamline the setup process.
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges.
- Consistently meet production goals as assigned by Production Management.
- Minimum of 4 years of rigging experience in Film, Television, or Video Game production
- A thorough understanding of anatomy, bio-mechanics, skinning and topology to produce appealing deformations
- Proficient with Maya and/or equivalent 3D program.
- Scripting skills in Maya API, MEL scripting, Python and/or equivalents
- Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
- Real time engine experience preferred (such as Unity, Unreal Engine 4)
- Additional experience with Animation, 3D modeling, and/or Texturing is a plus
- Experience with mo-cap animation pipelines is a plus
- Avid interest in the possibilities of Virtual Reality
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, and a great team-player attitude
- Solid and consistent time-management skills.