Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. We need animators to create awe-inspiring visual effects for our virtual reality experiences.
- Work with the Director to help establish and maintain the animation style and feel.
- Create believable character and creature animation as well as prop animation.
- Plan shots with an understanding of story and character context.
- Remain current and up-to-date in animation techniques and Virtual Reality workflow.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to find solutions to challenges that arise.
- Develop a working knowledge of necessary production tools.
- Consistently meet production goals as assigned by Production Management.
- Acting and subtext!! Must have strong acting skills and solid physicality to create entertaining and emotionally driven believable performances, with clear timing, weight, emotional states and appeal.
- Must be able to tell a story with a strong sense of Personality (pantomime and dialogue).
- Able to show progress on a short time period (or as the production requires).
- Minimum of 2 years of animation experience in Film, Television, or Video Game production.
- Avid interest in the possibilities of Virtual Reality.
- Proficient with Maya and/or equivalent program.
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, and a great team-player attitude.
- Solid and consistent time-management skills.
- Work well under pressure.