Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. We are seeking a program manager to support our engineering and broader teams and bridge the gap between internal and external stakeholders to drive the production process towards high quality and on-time feature releases.
- Technically drive and support engineering team’s goals. Ensure alignment with company goals, working with business owners and internal team leaders
- Define and maintain multiple project schedules, timelines, and communication artifacts. Partner with internal dev teams and external parties to deliver on time and with the quality required
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post release phases
- Efficiently allocate resources to ensure efficient execution
- Do critical path analysis and identify risks and blockers, suggest mitigations and guide the team to remove blockers
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision makers, and ensure decisions are made. Assume responsibility and drive ownership for issue resolution
- Detail-oriented and adept at following-up with others to drive deliverables to completion
- Ensure engineering team is set up for success, utilizing best practices in agile / scrum, and using appropriate tools such as JIRA. Embed within team as necessary to do so
- Autonomously drive change initiatives across multiple functions throughout the organization
- Continuously monitor and improve the effectiveness of our processes to increase speed to launch and quality of service
- Strong understanding of agile development process
- 3+ years of experience leading planning, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic engineering organization
- Computer Science degree and / or several years of work experience as a software engineer highly preferred
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- The technical acumen to understand and influence decisions made on architecture and implementation by the engineering teams.
- Expertise with project management tracking tools such as Jira, Shotgun, Asana, Trello, Microsoft Excel and Google Spreadsheets.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to influence across multiple teams
- Operate successfully in ambiguous environments
- Ability to handle multiple contending priorities simultaneously in an exciting environment
- Avid interest in the possibilities of Augmented and Virtual Reality.