Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. As a blockchain engineer at Penrose, you will help architect and build the economic infrastructure that powers our user-driven virtual worlds.
- Design and build a massively scalable backend system and assist developing the project architecture.
- Build and maintain server code bases.
- Collaborate with client-side developers and the content team.
- Identify and resolve issues with security and reliability of back-end systems.
- A minimum of 8 years of programming experience.
- Experience developing the large-scale backend system for real world applications.
- Strong knowledge of C++, Python, C, C#, or Java.
- Experience with a variety of backend & database technologies and with making architectural trade-offs.
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored application / game design / virtual world territory, and excited to contribute to refining ideas.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to communicate effectively.
- Blockchain experience (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, etc.).
- Experience developing in Golding, Docker, Postgres, Ruby, Rails, Sinatra.
- Expertise in breaking down a large-scale architecture into its component micro services.
- History of building financial systems, security systems, or other systems where a high degree of dependability is critical.